Friday, June 5, 2015

Coming Attractions

Just what kind of ghost do the McNeills hunt?
I had never seen this particular Theodora DuBois mystery book jacket before, but I think it is quite a nice design.  This DuBois novel immediately followed Death Comes to Tea(1940) and Death Is Late to Lunch (1941), which, you may notice, are depicted on either side of the library shelf to The McNeills Chase a Ghost (1941). Cute.

In the coming weeks I will be reviewing this novel, genre histories by Lucy Sussex and Martin Edwards, Crippen & Landru's latest collection of classic mystery short stories, a couple by Reginald Hill and a couple of books from the British Library/Poisoned Pen Press.

Whew! And that's just the writing for the blog.  See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with Theodora DuBois. I was checking out her profilea while ago and I came across your review of "Death is Late to Lunch," in 2013, where I found that she had published 20 novels involving her two detectives. I look forward to reviews of your other books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had about written her off after Death Is Late to Lunch, I so disliked Anne McNeill in that one, but I thought Death Comes to Tea was much better. So I may be doing a mid-course correction, we'll see! Total of 19 novels with the McNeills.

      Delete